Select an insurance category to view our options:

Home & contents insurance

Farming tends not to be an occupation, it’s a way of life. So as part of our extensive range of farm insurance covers, we can also provide a range of home & contents insurance packages to protect your belongings on the farm if something was ever to go wrong, whether it’s a natural disaster, theft, or any other accident.

Want a personalised quote? Let's talk.

The Elders Insurance Farm Insurance Policy gives you the flexibility to choose from either Insured Events or Accidental damage cover:


  1. Insured Events

This covers you for a nominated event such as:

  • Theft or attempted theft
  • Lightning or thunderbolt
  • Fire, smoke or explosion
  • Earthquake or Tsunami
  • Storm, rainwater or wind (excluding flood)
  • Malicious acts
  • Impact from falling trees, motor vehicles or aircraft
  • Breakage of fixed glass
  • Power surge to domestic appliances or domestic equipment
  • Other events as listed in the policy


  1. Accidental Damage

This gives you wider cover for accidental loss of or damage to your home and contents.

Additional benefits

  • Fusion of electric motors
  • Credit or financial transaction cards
  • Contents in transit
  • Temporary accommodation


Optional benefits

  • Valuables cover
  • Domestic Workers’ Compensation (in selected States only)
Find the cover that's right for you

Can't find the insurance that fits your needs? Our local agents are here to ensure you're covered. We can tailor a quote to suit.

Find your local agent
News & Resources