Select an insurance category to view our options:

Make a claim

If you need to make a claim, we’re with you. Unlike other insurance companies where you never tend to speak to the same people, at Elders Insurance you’ll deal with local agents who understand your unique circumstances.

So when it comes to making a claim, you’ll probably find yourself speaking with the person who arranged your policy in the first place! And it’s that local touch which sets us apart from the rest.

In fact, our local communities are so important to us that we try to use local tradespeople and retailers when it comes to replacing goods and repairing any damages. It’s just one of the many ways we’re helping to give back to the community.

How to make a claim

To make a claim, simply contact your local Elders Insurance Agent who will lodge your claims and, in most situations, manage the claim for you. The contact details for your local agent can be found on your renewal paperwork. If you're unsure, find your local agent here.

When you make a claim, you will need to provide your policy number and the details relating to the incident. For motor claims this may include the name, address, phone number, email address, licence number and insurer of any other drivers involved, the registration number of all other vehicles involved in the accident, and the details of the accident such as the date and time, location, and weather conditions at the time. If your vehicle has been towed to a vehicle storage yard, please tell us the details so we can deal with your claim more efficiently.

If your query is an emergency, after-hours claim and you cannot contact your agent, you can contact the Elders Insurance National Claims Line on 1300 554 184.

If your claim relates to any of the following we have provided further information to get you started.

To help make life easier, you can download and print a motor or property claim form below:
Download motor claim form
Download property claim form

Please note that these claims do not include Glass. For Glass claims, please see below. For all other claims, contact your local Agent.

To make a claim for broken glass on your car (such as windows and windscreens), click here or call us on 1800 023 945.

If you're an Elders Insurance Motor Vehicle policyholder with a vehicle over 5 tonne carrying capacity, you can take advantage of our complimentary Heavy Motor Assist service. Find out more here.

Click here to find your nearest Accredited Repairer, or call us on 133 723.

At Elders Insurance we adhere to the General Insurance Code of Practice 2014, including where it applies to claims handling.

Amongst many other things, the Code sets minimum standards and timeframes for claims handling and decision processes. Most importantly, it provides you with rights and protections when you make a claim, ensuring you'll get the help you need if you're ever unhappy with the claims process.

Click here to find out more about the Code, or contact your local Elders Insurance Agent.

To dispute a claim

Please contact our Customer Care Unit:

Phone: 1300 650 503 (between 9am and 5pm CST Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays)

Email: complaints@qbe.com

Fax: 02 8227 8594

Post: GPO Box 219, Parramatta NSW 2124

We will always strive to address any concerns you may have as quickly as possible. However, if for some reason we can’t respond to your concern immediately, we’ll keep you informed of our progress at all stages. You can expect to hear from us within 3 working days to let you know we’ve received your request.


Need more support?

If you ever feel as though your query or concern has not been resolved to your satisfaction, we encourage you to call us on 1300 650 503 or write to the postal address above so we can review the situation.

As a next step, you can raise your concern with an External Dispute Resolution Scheme