Customer Support

What to do if you're experiencing difficulty

We know our customers may find themselves in circumstances, at different times in their lives, where they need extra support. If you're an Elders Insurance customer in need of extra care, we have a number of support measures and resources available to support you.

Family and Domestic Violence Customer Support Policy

Family and domestic violence is a complex issue that Elders Insurance takes seriously. Please visit our page here to view our policy as well as links to other support services that are available.

Financial hardship support

We appreciate there are times when personal circumstances can make it difficult to meet all your financial commitments. If you're struggling to make an excess payment or repay a claims debt to Elders Insurance or QBE, please visit QBE's Financial Hardship page. If you're having difficulty paying a premium debt, please contact your Elders Insurance Agent directly.

Helping our customers 

We are working hard to find the most appropriate ways to respond to our customer's needs and the health and safety of all. We recognise that many of our customers across Australia are in need of support at this challenging time. Please continue to work closely with your Elders Insurance Agent so that we can best support you.


To access more information on our complaints process, please click here.

Privacy Policy

To access our Privay Policy, please click here.

Interpreter services

We offer customers access to interpreter services in over 160 languages and dialects from native and accredited language practitioners.

If you need access to an interpreter, please contact your Elders Insurance Agent.

Professional support

There are also a number of free external support services available if you're facing challenging personal circumstances and need help. The following services are available to all Australians. However, in an emergency, or if you're not feeling safe, always call 000.


National Debt Line | (t) 1800 007 007 | 9.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
Provides access to a local financial advisor.

Translating and Interpreting Services (TIS) | (t) 13 14 50
TIS National is a 24/07 interpreting service for people who do not speak English and for agencies and businesses that need to communicate with their non-English speaking clients.

Services Australia | https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au
Government services available for both students and older Australians.

Lifeline | 13 11 14 (24-hour crisis support)
24-hour support for anyone across Australia experiencing a personal crisis or thinking about suicide.

MensLine Australia | 1300 789 978
24-hour phone and online support and information service for Australian men. Supports men and boys who are dealing with family and relationship difficulties.

National Relay Service (NRS) | Voice: 1300 555 727 | TTY: 133 677 | SMS: 0432 677 767
NRS is an Australia wide telephone access service available to customers who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impediment.

1800 Respect | 1800 737 732
24-hour hotline for any Australian who has experienced, or is at risk of, family and domestic violence and/or sexual assault.

Women's Legal Services Australia | http://www.wlsa.org.au/
A national network of community legal centres specialising in women's legal issues.

Aboriginal Family Domestic Violence Hotline | 1800 019 123
A dedicated contact line for Aboriginal victims of crime who would like information on victims' rights, how to access counselling and financial assistance.

Centre for Rural and Remote Mental Health | (02) 6363 8444
Provides leadership in rural and remote mental health research, evidence-based service design and delivery. They do not provide emergency services.

GriefLine | https://griefline.org.au/
Support for people experiencing grief, loss and trauma.

Relationships Australia | 1300 551 800
Relationship support services for individuals and families, including counselling, family dispute resolution and education support programs.

STARTTS | 02 9646 6800
STARTTS' services are free for people of any age who have survived torture, trauma or both and are refugees, asylum seekers, or from refugee-like backgrounds.

National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation | https://www.naccho.org.au/
National peak body representing Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services across the country on Aboriginal health and wellbeing issues.

Find my local agent
News & Resources